Olympos is a small village located on the southern coast of Turkey, near the city of Antalya. It is a popular tourist destination, known for its beautiful beach, ancient ruins, and natural beauty. Here are some general information :
- History: It has a rich history, dating back to ancient times when it was an important Lycian city. The city was later ruled by the Greeks, Romans, and Byzantines, and played an important role in the region’s maritime trade.
- Climate: It has a Mediterranean climate, with hot and dry summers and mild and rainy winters. The best time to visit Olympos is during the spring and fall when temperatures are milder.
- Population: It has a small population of around 300 people, but this number swells during the summer months with the influx of tourists.
- Language: Turkish is the official language of Olympos, but many locals also speak English, especially in the tourism industry.
- Currency: The currency used in Olympos is the Turkish Lira (TRY). Most shops and restaurants also accept major credit cards.
- Transportation: It is not easily accessible by public transportation. The nearest major airport is Antalya Airport, and from there, visitors can take a bus or rent a car to reach Olympos.
- Attractions: It is home to many beautiful natural sites, including the Olympos beach, Yanartas (flaming rock), and Chimaera (eternal flame). The city also has many cultural and historical sites, including the ancient ruins of Olympos and the Olympos National Park.
Overall, It is a beautiful and unique destination that combines natural beauty, ancient ruins, and a laid-back atmosphere. It is a perfect destination for those who want to escape the crowds and immerse themselves in nature and history.
Please don’t forget to visit our website to see our Turkey Tour Packages also our Viajes Turquia page in Spanish language.
Leave A Reply