Turkish tea, also known as çay, is a traditional drink that is an important part of Turkish culture and social life. Here is some information about Turkish tea:
- Production: Most Turkish tea is grown in the Black Sea region of Turkey, where the climate is ideal for tea cultivation. The tea leaves are typically picked in the summer and processed before being packaged and shipped throughout the country.
- Preparation: It is typically prepared in a special double-teapot called a çaydanlık. Water is boiled in the lower pot, while loose tea leaves are placed in a small strainer in the upper pot. Once the water is boiled, it is poured into the upper pot and allowed to steep for several minutes before being served.
- Serving: It is usually served in small, tulip-shaped glasses called demlik. It is often accompanied by a small cube of sugar, and some people prefer to drink it with a slice of lemon.
- Social Life: Turkish tea is an important part of Turkish social life, and it is often served to guests as a sign of hospitality. It is also a common drink at cafes and tea houses throughout the country, where people gather to relax and socialize.
- Health Benefits: Turkish tea is rich in antioxidants, which are believed to have numerous health benefits, including reducing the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer. It is also low in calories and can be a healthy alternative to sugary drinks.
Overall, Turkish tea is a beloved drink that plays an important role in Turkish culture and social life.
Please don’t forget to visit our website to see some Turkey Tour Packages also our website for Turkey Tours in Spanish language.
Leave A Reply